Sunday, December 9, 2007

My thoughts and opinions on VA PTSD treatment

I know opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one and most people don't want to hear them. But given I have been very involved with PTSD treatment since 2003 on a personal basis, so I have views from another states VA treatment, and despite DR Nussbaums thoughts that what is happening in Tampa is an abnormal situation, is he is mistaken, this is happening across the nation, I have experienced it myself, in Georgia and South Carolina. So if it is happening in these three states, then it is more likely than not happening in other states as well.

I have had 2 C&P exams for PTSD and neither of them lasted more than 15 minutes, they were done by residents and the C&P clinics MD had to sign off on them to make them legitimate. Would anyone consider these 2 exams well done? They also refuse to allow your spouse in the room for PTSD exams, why? My wife attends all my VA psych appointments because I have a really bad memory and the regular treating shrink asks her whats really going on every session, which is good. It's when he lets the interns interview me that they don't like her being there.

There is a lot of room for improvement in the treatment of PTSD and the C&P exams need a major overhaul.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: