Thursday, August 14, 2008

Obama gets support for honoring military

Obama gets support for honoring military

August 14, 2008
Why did I change my voter registration so I could vote for Barack Obama?


One of the reasons I support Obama for president is his support of our military personnel. He voted to provide counseling on post-traumatic stress syndrome and other related mental-health issues for our returning veterans. He supported the recent G.I. Bill, which provides tuition and other expenses at a four-year public college for our returning servicemen and -women.

Obama honors our military by voting to support them in the various bills that come before the Senate. The other candidate for president speaks of supporting the veterans, but his votes don't reflect his words.

All of our military personnel (returning vets and retired veterans) deserve the support of our commander in chief. That's one reason I'm voting for Barack Obama.

— Dena Wood, Salem

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I see I am NOT the only military type (disabled vet) that appreciates Senator Obama's strong support for the troops and especially disabled veterans

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: