Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas 2007

I know that many veterans and active duty military read this blog and I appreciate all of your support. I do this blog as my way of still giving something back to the military community. I am a disabled veteran who spends his days normally in my house or on my back porch. I use a power chair for anything involving walking more than 100feet, due to me health. I don't play well with others, probably from my PTSD or else I am just a cranky old bastard, either way, this blog and others like Daily Kos are my window to the world.

I try and share news article and other tidbits like the stuff from the Veterans Committee's House and Senate, some Senators and Congress reps, things that impact the lives of veterans and their families. Bottom line it always comes down to wallet issues, no matter who we are, we have to pay our bills, and being a totally disabled veteran normally leaves us at the whim of Congress.

We have to work together to get Congress to support veterans disabled or not, there are promises they made to this nations veterans, when we volunteered to serve, college benefits, home loans, medical care, health insurance for our families if we are disabled, compensation if we die related to medical problems related to service, we have to work to make sure the federal government keeps these promises.

I wish everyone who reads this a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and may next year be better than this past year has been.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Jerry W. Northington, DVM said...

Merry Christmas, my friend. May all the blessings of this holiday be yours. Peace to one and all.

Jerry