Friday, October 3, 2008

my claim for heart disease Secondary to PTSD

I was notified today that my claim was denied at the Columbia VA Regional Office, however the good news my attorney was told that I have a good case, for appeal to the Board of Veteran Appeals and that if they approve the claim the Regional Office has agreed that the effective date of my disability for heart disease will go back to December 2002. Which in itself is a major victory, it will mean another years of back pay at the 2003 rate, I will also be elevated to SMC S which is more money per month for the past 6 years, the home grant for making the house power chair accessible and the auto allowance. The benefits will be great. Now the goal is to live long enough to get the hearing before the Board of Veteran Appeals.

You either have to love the system or hate the system, me it's just another chess game.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: