Friday, June 19, 2009

Disabled veterans need mortgage Insurance

Dear Mr President and First Lady, You both have spoken out on helping this nations veterans, and I appreciate this. I am but one of the many disabled veterans of this nation.

I imagine you will be as surprised as I was to learn that disabled veterans can NOT get mortgage insurance from the Veteran Administration, or thru commercial agents even if our disabilities are service connected. How am I supposed to insure my home so that my wife and son and grand children and my step daughter, not lose our home when I pass away.

I will have a place to go, the new National cemetary at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, but when I die, my veterans benefits will stop, and my wife will get less than half of our current income, and then be forced to sell our family home, why?

I am willing to pay the premiums for mortgage insurance, but the VA refuses to make it available, is there any way to change these rules, to modernize the benefits available for todays veterans and their families.

Back when the military and Veterans insurance was set at 10,000 dollars a home was what 4-5,000 dollars? Times have changed and we need insurance products available to disabled veterans, I am refused insurance by private comapnies due to my service connected PTSD, and my heart problems, hypertension, Coronary Artery Disease, Congestive Heart Failure, what are veterans like myself supposed to do?

Can you tell Secretary Shinseki to aithorize the changes to mortgage insurance or will it take and act of Congress, do I need to go to my Congressman Joe Wilson, or either of my Senators Lindsey Graham or Senator No, Demint?

I have not had much help from the republican elected officials in South Carolina, and I don't think I will live long enough to see a Democratic elected official in the 2nd Congressional District of SC, and I can't remember the last time we had a democrat Senator.

Can you please help us find a way to protect our families, and let them keep their homes when we disabled veterans die, it's not right that we are refused mortgage insurance.

Thank you for your time.I realize with all the real important issues you are dealing with, this should be solved at a lower level, but it hasn't andas Commander in Chief, I am hoping you can fix it, for my wife and kids.

Sphere: Related Content